Chickens have three main states: default, full and hungry:
They wear themed clothes and accessories during summer, Halloween and winter:
Chickens must be placed in chicken coops to be purchased. Coops cost 5 Coin each.
They are unlocked at levels 1, 12 and 23. Each coop can house six chickens.
At level 1, chickens cost 20 coins each; at level 12, 140 coins; at level 20, 270 coins.
Chickens and chicken coops can be bought from the shop.Shop
Chicken feed is made of:
- Making chicken feed only takes 5 minutes for 3 units. If you have two feed mills you can easily collect all your eggs and replenish your feed stock by the time the chickens are full again.
- Instead of collecting the eggs from the chickens every time they're ready, you may decide to let the chickens sit on the eggs until they're needed. That will keep precious barn storage space free for other items.
- If you decide to let the chickens sit on the eggs until they're needed, you can sell the excess chicken feed instead. Chicken feed sells very quickly at the maximum price of 72 coins for every 10 feed.
- Eggs are easily found in the Daily Dirt, so eggs may not sell very well unless they're sold at a lower price.
- Feeding farm animals and harvesting eggs are common tasks in derbies.
- Tapping the chicken coop scares the chickens and makes them try to fly away from the perceived danger. This mimics their behavior in real life: chickens mostly fly briefly when frightened.
Did you know?
- Chickens have a great memory. They can distinguish between over 100 different faces of people or animals.