|Uh-oh! This page is missing some up-to-date level images. You can help the Hay Day Wiki by uploading missing pictures.|
Hay Day is driven by experience (or XP) points and levels. When players have gained enough experience points they change levels, which lets them progress in the game.
Getting experience points
Experience points (xp) can be gained by:
- harvesting crops and animal goods
- crafting items in production buildings
- filling truck, boat and town visitors orders
- selling goods to visitors
- reviving trees and bushes
Experience points come in the form of blue stars (xp), which fill up the bar shown at the top of the screen. When players have accumulated the number of required stars the bar resets to 0 and they change level (or level up), which unlocks new items, new features, and rewards.
Players can view the items unlocked at the next level by tapping their level star.
As the player progresses, reaching the next level requires more and more points. Until level 50 the increase is inconsistent. From level 50 to level 98 reaching the next level always asks for 11,000 more points than required for the previous level. This difference remains the same even past level 100.
As of this writing, we have been advised that Supercell had set the maximum experience level at 500, until players need to have that number increased. The current highest level at this time is 420.
The number of thresholds increases as the players levels up.
Regular rewardsFields field and diamonds dia are regular rewards in the game:
- Players get additional fields every other level: three until level 49, two until level 99 then one after that.
- From level 37 and on, players get diamonds every level: two? until level 39, three? until level 49, five until level 59, eight until level 69, ten until level 99, 12 starting at level 101 until level 149?, 15 until level ?, and ? after that.
- Reaching levels 50, 100, 150, 200 and 300 gives players an exceptional bonus of 10, 50, 50, 100 and 200 diamonds respectively.
Table of levels
The following is a table of 'level-up' pictures, rewards given or unlocked, and experience points needed for the first 150 levels that can be achieved in Hay Day. Note that after level 100, no new items are given besides diamonds and field plots (as stated above).
- The new icon (new) denotes items which are not shown in the pictures as they have been added after the shots were taken.
- The star icon(★) denotes unlocked items or features which Hay Day does not show in level-up images.