The roadside shop is a feature which lets players sell items to other players. It is unlocked at Level 7.
Type of items
Players place a maximum of ten units of the same item in a crate and set its selling price (from one coin to the maximum value allowed by the game).
Players have five crates initially. Unlocking an additional crate costs five diamonds (to a maximum of 90 crates) or a required number of Facebook friends (to a maximum of 18 crates).
A crate can be fully discarded by spending one diamond.
Advertising an item puts it in the Daily Dirt (newspaper) where it is visible to any player to buy. The advertise option will be selected automatically if no items have been advertised within the past four minutes. Otherwise, the advertise option will be unavailable until four minutes have passed. Players can spend one diamond to skip the waiting period.
Trades using the Shop
Players can arrange to trade using the roadside shop. Typically, such exchanges are arranged through forums. Once a trade has been negotiated, etiquette usually calls for the player who initiated the trade to put his item up for sale first. Many players communicate within the game by "wheating". The initiating player should first put 1 wheat crop up for sale for 1 coin, unadvertised, in the slot farthest to the right in his shop. The other player will purchase this crop to tell the trader "I'm here". Then, the trader can put up his item for trade. After this exchange, the other player will follow this same process to give the first player his item in exchange. The maximum number of items the player can put on the roadside shop is 10. Forums generally outline their conventions and expectations in detail in Stickies and it is recommended that new traders research the rules prior to arranging trades.
- When your silo or barn runs out of room, you can sell things to get more room.
- You can search the newspaper for cheap items, buy them, and sell them for maximum price.
- Except for wheat, corn and eggs sell all other products at maximum price. Sugar Mill, Dairy, Ice Cream Maker, Juice Press, Jam Maker, products sell very quickly as they are in high demand. (this list is probably incomplete)
- You can add many (exact number unknown) "friends" once, and get up to 18 free slots, then unfriend them, and you still retain all the 18 slots. (exact number unknown, somewhere between 8 friends, and 2000 friends.)
- Use Psychological Pricing (ending your prices in 9s to make it appear to cost less, see link for more info)
|Truck • Boat • Roadside Shop • Newspaper • Wheel of Fortune • Service Buildings|