The roadside shop is a feature which lets players sell items to other players. It is unlocked at Level 7.
Type of items
Players place a maximum of ten units of the same item in a crate and set its selling price (from one coin to the maximum value allowed by the game).
Players have five crates initially. Unlocking an additional crate costs five diamonds; the cost increases by 2 each couple of times. Additional crates also open as players add Facebook or GameCenter friends (the amount of friends needed increases by 4 each time).
A crate can be fully discarded by spending one diamond. All items from the crate are then lost.
Greg buys unsold items after a while (at least 24 hours).
Advertising an item puts it in the Daily Dirt (newspaper) where it is visible to any player to buy. The advertise option will be selected automatically if no items have been advertised within the past four minutes. Otherwise, the advertise option will be unavailable until four minutes have passed. Players can spend one diamond to skip the waiting period.
Trades and Donations Using the Shop
Players can arrange to trade or donate products using the roadside shop. Typically, such exchanges are arranged through the neighborhood chat. Many players communicate within the game by listing 1 wheat or carrot crop up for sale for 1 coin, unadvertised. The other player will purchase this crop to tell the trader "I'm here". Then, the trader can put up his item for trade or sale. Minimum prices are often used, unless other arrangements have been made beforehand.
- When your silo or barn runs out of room, you can sell things to get more room.
- You can search the newspaper for cheap items, buy them, and sell them for maximum price.
- Except for wheat, corn, eggs and indigo sell all other products at maximum price.
- You can add many (exact number unknown) "friends" once, and get up to 18 free slots, then unfriend them, and you still retain all the 18 slots. (exact number unknown, somewhere between 8 friends and 2000 friends.)
- Use Psychological Pricing (ending your prices in 9s to make it appear to cost less)
- When buying a new slot with 5 diamonds then selling 5 planks for any price, a player used to receive 500,000 coins from the trade. This bug has been fixed.
|Truck • Boat • Roadside Shop • Newspaper • Wheel of Fortune • Service Buildings|