Hi, I'm Tom and I can run errands for you. I'll wait by your roadside shop! — TomTom is a Non-Player Character (NPC) whose role is to help players find items. He is unlocked at Level 14.
Tom can find almost any item the player has previously unlocked at a fair price if possible. For example, the player could ask him to find some apples. A few seconds later, he would come back with three quantity options:
- one to three of the item
- four to six of the item
- seven to nine of the item
If the player accepts any of the offers, Tom fetches the items in a few seconds. When he comes back he grows tired and falls asleep for two hours. If the player declines all offers, Tom only has to rest for two minutes before being able to search again.
Tom works for free for three days when he is unlocked (time is counted even if players do not buy anything from him).
After that, his services can be purchased with diamonds. He charges 15 diamonds for one day, 60 diamonds for five days or 100 diamonds for ten days.
Tom reminds you that he available for work everyday at 12:00 AM GMT (8:00 PM EST during Daylight Saving Time, 7:00 PM EST otherwise) .
Occasionally Tom is seen holding a balloon with a percent sign written on it. While holding this balloon he offers a ten percent discount for the five- and ten-day fees. For about ten minutes Tom's hand slowly slips down the balloon string until it is at the very bottom. Tom then releases the balloon, at which point he no longer offers the discount. As the balloon slowly floats away it can be tapped to receive experience, supplies, diamonds, or coins.
This is a user submitted guide from User:Beestenboel. This may or may not be the best way to handle Tom.
Standing at the very bottom of the screen, it might be hard to notice when Tom is ready for another job. You can solve this by sowing one field with indigo when you have accepted one of Tom's offers. Indigo takes two hours to get ready to be harvested; If the indigo is ready, so is Tom.
- It is possible for Tom to buy an item from any roadside shop, although it is unknown if this is a case of someone else actually requesting the item or simply a way for older sale items to be cleared from the shop.
- When resting, he lies down in the grass chewing a piece of straw and thinking about game products.
- Tom's appearance was changed and extensive new animations were added in the June 17, 2015 Update.
- Tom's old avatar appeared to be a hand-drawn picture.