The town is a game feature which give players a new area to play in and the opportunity to gain coins, experience points, and reputation points by filling town visitors' orders. It can be unlocked from level 34 and up by repairing the train station located in the farm.
Going to the town
Repairing the farm's train station costs 39,000 coins, takes three days (or 97 diamonds) and awards 39 experience points. After taking the handcar to go to the town players must repair the town's train station and the Town Hall. It does not cost anything to repair these.
There are several buildings in the farm (see the map below):
- the Eggspress train which brings visitors to the town
- the train station to allow more visitors in the town
- the Town Hall to keep track of visitors
- service buildings to fill visitors' orders
- the personal train to pick up visitors from your neighborhood
- the handcar to go back to the farm
Main article: Hay Day
Mr. Wicker, a talking scarecrow, guides players through the first steps when they unlock the town.
Main article: Town Visitors
Main article: Decorations
Many items can be placed in the town to decorate it, and create paths and fences.
Main article: Expansion
Players can expand the town using expansion supplies.
Layout Edit Mode
Main article: Edit Mode
From level 34 onwards, players can use the Layout Edit Mode to edit the current layout of their town and to create new ones.
- There is much more room in the town than on the farm so expanding the land there is not as critical.
|In the town area|
|In other areas|